[YLUG] Re: Dual xorg.conf

Matthew Burton matburton at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 17:41:31 GMT 2006

Hey people,

Thanks for the help before! I've had a bit of work to do so I left it
until now to try the script for changing between graphics cards. It now
reads:

rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
lspci | grep "GeForce Go 6600"
if [ "$?" = "0" ];then
    echo "Swap in xorg.conf for nvidia"
        ln -s /etc/X11/xorg.conf.nvidia /etc/X11/xorg.conf
else
    echo "Swap in xorg.conf for i915"
    ln -s /etc/X11/xorg.conf.i915 /etc/X11/xorg.conf
fi

And it works!
I put it in rc.local and xorg.conf does get swapped but the problem is
that X seems to have already started by this stage and read xorg.conf.
So if I use my i915 then swap to the nvidia and reboot it throws a
wobbly, reboot again and it works (the file is correct this time).

So it there somewhere else I can put the script before X reads xorg.conf?

Thanks, Mat