[YLUG] Grub

Mike Cohler mike.cohler at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 21:23:32 GMT 2007

On 09/12/2007, Dr P Dupre <pd520 at york.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Thank for the suggestions.
> I will probably install a FC8 during christmas time.
> Do you know if it requires grub only (or can run with lilo) and if I can
> install more than 16 partitions ?
>
> Thank.

OK Patrick - I have always used grub and never had a problem with it.  If
you do a clean install then grub gets installed by default.  I don;t know
the answer to the question about any maximum  number of partitions -  I have
regularly installed with  7 partitions if you include the manufacturer's HPA
partition for Dell machines - but not more than that so I never investigated
large numbers of partitions. I suspect that I would not have a large enough
disk to warrant that!  However you might ask on Fedora list as there are a
lot of experts who monitor and respond.

Mike

--
mike