[YLUG] Grub

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Mon Dec 10 10:45:54 GMT 2007

On 9 Dec 2007, at 23:41, Alex Howells wrote:

> Too often I've seen folks take servers, install
> Fedora Core and then fail to upgrade them - it would be unfair to
> blame the user here, often they aren't even aware of the problem until
> it's too late.

I'd blame the users. Fedora isn't suitable for running on a server.
Blaming it for that is like blaming water for being wet.  Fedora
explicitly says it's a cutting edge distro with no long term support.

CentOS is a perfectly fine server distro for those that like a
redhat derived one (for those that don't know it's RedHat
Advanced Server minus the RH branding). Debian/Ubuntu
are also fine products.

Arthur

--
By and large PHP seems to be making the same progression
of mistakes as early Perl did, only slower - Larry Wall