[YLUG] python question

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Thu Jan 11 09:43:09 GMT 2007

On 11 Jan 2007, at 09:17, Doug Winter wrote:

> I can't be any help I'm afraid, but I'd love to pick your brain on
> SQLAlchemy if I may - it has an excellent reputation.

You'd be assuming I know more than you!

> I've got quite a big TurboGears site that's using SQLObject at the
> moment.  Is porting to SQLAlchemy feasible do you think?  Have you
> got any tips for how to go about it?

I think it is as long as your model is distinct from the rest of the
app.

sqlobject.ext.assignmapper

should let you map your existing tables and code across fairly
cleanly as it provides SQLObject like syntax for accessing the data.

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/plugins.myt#plugins_assignmapper

http://www.splee.co.uk/category/simpleblog/

is about as much as I know. It's one item on my list of 'stuff to
look at', and that's an ever expanding list at the moment!

Cheers,

Arthur

--
Individuals bearing witness do not change history; only movements
that understand their social world can do that - Ellen Willis