[YLUG] Free the BBC!

Richard G. Clegg richard at richardclegg.org
Sun Jun 10 22:00:40 BST 2007

Pete Fenelon wrote:

> No, I'm arguing that if they *can* protect their output they might as
> well do so - what's the alternative? A few open-source zealots won't
> download iPlayer. Big deal. Their loss.

Hold on -- apart from fashionable intellectual property zealotry, what
possible reason can there be for putting DRM on the BBC material when
the people who have paid for it to be created have said "do not do
this"?  Even a whacko libertarian "everything is property" cannot surely
put forward a good argument for this lunacy?

--
Richard G. Clegg,
Dept of Elec. Eng.,