[YLUG] ISP Recommendations (Continued?)

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Mon Mar 19 13:51:35 GMT 2007

On 19 Mar 2007, at 12:51, Alex Miller wrote:

> Matthews reply really is an eye opener and I can't help but wonder
> how all these companies offering cheap broadband manage to survive?

By going for the low user market and/or heavily capping/shaping p2p
traffic.

Looking at pipex, it's £24.99/mth (+VAT ~ £30/mth) to get what Alex
wants. Rather more than the £15 unfortunately, and a close reading of
this:

http://www.pipex.co.uk/legal/fair-use-policy.php

might be informative. Depends how much bandwidth you are going to
pull and when really.

Arthur

--
Individuals bearing witness do not change history; only movements
that understand their social world can do that - Ellen Willis