[YLUG] File uploads on the Wiki, Install Clinic publicity

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Fri May 11 16:27:33 BST 2007

Hi,
  After some faffing about, I've enabled file uploads on the Wiki
properly.  It doesn't check MIME types (something to do with security
in Fedora Core 4) but since only registered users can upload, the list
of suspects is short if anything unwarranted turns up.

I've uploaded some draft publicity for the May 2007 Install Clinic on
the 26th of May for enterprising, talented people with publicity skills
to jazz up and make all exciting.  I'll grab whatever's produced by
Sunday evening and print and distribute next week.  If you stick with
scribus, don't forget to upload pictures as well, it doesn't seem to
embed them in the .sla file.

Hands up if you have links to other LUGs and associated groups in the
local area and would like to send messages along - it would be cool
to get more people in from out of town.

Also, any offers of exciting demos and such to have on the day are
gratefully received.  Maybe something audio-based this time?

--
 -- zoe