[YLUG] Mailing list

Arthur Clune arthur at clune.org
Thu May 17 12:10:35 BST 2007

On 17 May 2007, at 12:02, Noah Slater wrote:

> Which is why most mail clients have two options:

> * Reply to all

But reply-to-all != reply-to-list.

The former replies to the sender and the list which
usually isn't what I want.

All the software I listed has reply-to-all, of course. My
point was that as far as I know, know of them have
reply-to-list.

e.g. To get proper reply-to-list in Thunderbird needs an extension
such as this one:

http://alumnit.ca/wiki/index.php?page=ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension

If you really meant reply-to-all then we are talking at
cross-purposes.

> Did anyone actually read the document I linked to?

Yes. I just didn't agree with it. e.g. For most people least-surprise
is to have the default as reply-to-list

Arthur