[YLUG] Mailing list

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Thu May 17 12:20:41 BST 2007

Just to stick my oar in to what is a well known and well rehearsed
argument about how mailing lists should work...

> > Yes. I just didn't agree with it. e.g. For most people least-surprise
> > is to have the default as reply-to-list
> I am willing to bet that "for most people" in that sentence actually
> equates to "for me".
I agree, the "principle of least surprise" should be reply-to-list.

Also although it may be "right" that to be more standards compliant it
should work in a certain way, I'm much more concerned about the
mailing list actually working as people expect it to on the real mail
clients out there that are imperfect.

-Rob

--
http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/

You wouldn't recognize a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and
danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here
again!'
-- Blackadder