[YLUG] wpa_supplicant and NM

Mike Cohler mike.cohler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 09:52:19 BST 2007

On 19/10/2007, Harry Mills <mail at hjmills.co.uk> wrote:

 > This is the config I use for the SNS on wired. It might help with some
 > of the JANET wireless stuff.
 >
 > --
 > Regards,
 >
 > Harry Mills <mail at hjmills.co.uk>
 > http://hjmills.co.uk
 >
 > ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
 > ctrl_interface_group=root
 > ap_scan=0
 > network={
 > key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
 > eap=PEAP
 > #ca_cert=/etc/wpa_supplicant/SecureServer.509
 > #subject_match="/C=GB/L=York/O=University of York/OU=Computing
Service/OU=Terms f use at www.verisign.co.uk/rpa
(c)05/OU=Authenticated by VeriSign/OU=Member, VeriSign rust
Network/CN=nasaaa1.york.ac.uk"
 > #subject_match="/C=GB/L=York/O=University of York/OU=Computing
Service/OU=Terms f use at www.verisign.co.uk/rpa
(c)05/OU=Authenticated by VeriSign/OU=Member, VeriSign rust
Network/CN=nasaaa2.york.ac.uk"
 > identity="user at york.ac.uk"
 > password="pass"
 > phase1="peaplabel=0"
 > phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
 > }

 Thanks Harry - I have been looking at various other people's config
 files by googling for PEAP and one or two have suggested that the
 proto=WPA line is necessary even though the help files for
 wpa_supplicant would suggest that it is not necessary. So I will try
 this next week.  Also when I ran the successful test with NM I checked
 through the log files and NM did put a request for a proto WPA into
 wpa_supplicant so this may be the one factor that will make the
 difference.

--

mike cohler