[YLUG] D-link

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:04:42 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Phil Jordan <lists at philjordan.eu> wrote:
> Dr P Dupre wrote:
>  > I would like to follow your advice, but according to my information
>  > the FC8 uses /dev/sdx and it is limited to 15 partitions when I
>  > already have 17 partitions. When Fedora will let me use this partitioning
>  > I will move on.
>  > Am I wrong ?

I agree that you are advised not to use 15 partitions.... you can use
LVM as has been suggested.
If you do want to install F8 then I would strongly suggest that you
download the F8 respin
and not use the original iso as there are a number of known install
problems in the original
F8 iso as distributed. As has been said F6 is now obsolete, and F9 is
due to be released in April, so F7 will reach EOL soon too.

See http://spins.fedoraunity.org/spins and
http://spins.fedoraunity.org/unity

Also in F8 there is the ath5k (already in-kernel) driver which may run
your G650 card (check which chipset it has though!) - which means you
would not have to mess with ndiswrapper.

Once installed and updated the new sets of drivers are working very
well (iwl3945, rt73usb from rt2x00 etc etc)

--
mike