Talks (was: Re: [YLUG] A basic question)

Pete Fenelon pete at fenelon.com
Tue Jan 1 14:27:13 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 02:04:40PM +0000, Arthur Clune wrote:

> On 28 Dec 2007, at 21:26, Steve Kemp wrote:
>

> > I guess now that Google allows you to point your MX records at
> >their servers there is another option.  But that is slightly different
> >from the SMTP-proxy idea; since they'd be hosting your mail, not just
> >filtering it en route.
>
> This is what I do for clune.org and some other domains I run.
> Several people I know do the same for their domains - it  works
> very well for your average 'vanity' domain. Deliver via google
> and pull down via imap/pop.

Yes; using google to aggregate and spam-filter a collection of other
addresses makes a lot of sense. Also means you can access all your mail
from anywhere.

Sure, they're privacy-hostile, but most weenies use GPG anyway for
anything more important than invites to the pub. ;) (Is it just geek
chic or are they all *really* planning the downfall of the state? ;P)

pete
--
pete at fenelon.com "irk the purists - if you've never then you ought."