[YLUG] old machine?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:54:46 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Matthew Gates
<matthew at porpoisehead.net> wrote:
> If anyone knows of and half usable machines which are heading for a skip,
> I'd like to know about it.
 Matthew

Not quite heading for the skip.... but read on...

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 - P4 - 2.6HHz - RAM 512MB - 80GiB HD that
is surplus to my needs. It works perfectly well but I updated my
server so don't need this machine now.
BIOS updated to latest, has Fedora 9 installed, there are all the
original Windows XP OEM discs if reversion to Windows was needed. The
HD was bought new about two years ago.

It has a DVD+RW and a second CD-ROM drive installed.

There is a keyboard included, but no mouse or monitor (I bought a new
one not long ago which I am keeping), so you need to find a monitor.
There are 4 usb ports at the back, plus another at the front, plus the
usual ethernet port.

Included is an Altec Lansing AVS200 speaker pair

£70 will be fine....

Mike
--
mike