[YLUG] Linux wireless internet question (on campus)

Nick Thomas nick at lupine.me.uk
Wed Sep 24 14:18:57 UTC 2008

js230 at york.ac.uk wrote:
> Thanks Liam. I have looked at the suggested instructions and though they
> seem tricky I think I may be able to sort this out. However, it looks like
> I have to install Ubuntu on a second pc in order to install it on the Asus.
> Does this sound right? I'd rather not interfere with the my other laptop as
> that works fine as it is. The instructions for installing straight from the
> network seem too complicated.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Regards, John
I have an SD card with debian-eee already installed and ready to go, if
you want it. Debian Is Not Ubuntu, of course, but it works.

I could make an image of the filesystem and stick it somewhere you can
download it; then all you'd need to do would be to write it to a
similarly-sized (1GB+) SD card, slot it into the eee and boot off it.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get uploading ;)

/Nick