[YLUG] Ubuntu 9.04

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon May 25 19:03:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Anthony Edwards <anthony at yoyo.org> wrote:

> That's a different (and known) issue in fact.  The Juniper SSL VPN
> client never has worked with the OpenJDK Java components, which is why
> those of us who use this client install the Sun Java packages, not their
> OpenJDK equivalents.
>
> Aside from which, Java issues prevent the client from installing and
> launching.  That isn't my issue; the client is installed and launches
> correctly, connects to the Juniper SSL VPN gateway, is allocated an
> IP address and a tun0 interface connection is established.

Actually I also installed the latest Sun java (Fedora can run two
alternative java installations and you can switch between them - but
in fact Juniper failed to worth with that also, so I have been unable
to get a connection to work either with the OpenJDK or with Sun Java!
Oh well - in time these things will get fixed no doubt - but the
question is how long!

--
mike