[YLUG] Ubuntu 9.04

Paul Elliott omahns.home at gmail.com
Fri May 29 13:03:20 UTC 2009

Hi Anthony,

2009/5/24 Anthony Edwards <anthony at yoyo.org>:
> In my case, it turned out to be a false dawn unfortunately and I have
> had to install 8.04.2 on the laptop in question due to:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7339639

It should be possible to connect to a Juniper WebVPN from Ubuntu 9.04
with only a single change, setting a 'root' password as the
installation doesn't utilise sudo as required on Ubuntu by default.

It might be worth trying again with 9.04 without making any
alterations other than the root password to see if you can then
connect.

I've tested successfully here in the Computing Service with a fresh
9.04 machine (x86) connecting to the University webvpn (with Ubuntu
supplied Sun Java). I'll be performing further tests with 8.04 and
8.10 across 32bit/64bit and then documenting the whole lot for the VPN
help pages on YorkWeb.

--
Paul Elliott (omahn)
omahns.home at gmail.com