[YLUG] Debian Packaging & Sponsor

Gary Briggs chunky at icculus.org
Mon May 3 01:57:22 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 02, 2010 at 01:17:59PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 08:18:38PM -0400, Gary Briggs wrote:
>
> Hey Gary, long time no see!

HeyHey!

> Are you back in York?

Heh, nope! Still in sunny CA, except I'm now working at RAND corp
instead of a small company doing unix print drivers...

> > I've been fidgeting with the debian packaging for my pet project for a
> > while, and now I'm wondering if there's anyone around here who's an
> > expert on debian packaging, sponsorship, and all that good stuff.
> >
> > It builds successfully and runs all the architectures I've been able
> > to try and lintian has nothing to say about it, so I'm finally looking
> > to try and get submitted into the debian system.
> >
> > So... suggestions?
>
> I'm afraid I don't have time right at the moment for sponsoring, but
> you should maybe subscribe to debian-mentors at lists.debian.org for
> requesting review and sponsorship.  There's also mentors.debian.net,
> though I haven't used it myself.  There's also #debian-mentors on
> OFTC.

Yeah, I found debian-mentors, I've been harassing them in the channel.

Right now I'm just trying to get sid working in a VM [some kind of
stupid udev problem that seems common] so that I can enjoy the latest
lintian before I upload my first attempt at a package

Gary (-;