[YLUG] Debian Packaging & Sponsor

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Mon May 3 09:43:01 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 02, 2010 at 09:59:10PM -0400, Gary Briggs wrote:
> Yeah, I found debian-mentors, I've been harassing them in the channel.
>
> Right now I'm just trying to get sid working in a VM [some kind of
> stupid udev problem that seems common] so that I can enjoy the latest
> lintian before I upload my first attempt at a package

For this purpose, pbuilder might be useful.  It's the most popular
way for developers to build "clean" packages for upload (using a
pristine build environment).

There's also my own lightweight virtualisation tool, schroot.  This
can be used in combination with sbuild to build packages in a
virtual build environment.  This is what's used by the Debian
autbuilder infrastructure.  Slightly more effort to set up, but
more powerful.  See also debootstrap and sbuild-createchroot.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh