[Gllug] So no one has opinions about ISPs?

Panos Savvas pasavvas.accounts at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 2 22:29:12 UTC 2007

> I've been with them for 10 years or so. It used to be the case that
> I'd recommend them without hesitation, but that's no longer the case.
> Before the Pipex buyout, the service was unsurpassed, but the
> technical support department was woefully understaffed. That wasn't a
> problem because the service was so good.

had no idea of the buyout. I might have to rethink my next isp when I move
next month as I have blacklisted pipex :)

> After the buyout, the service has deteriorated terribly. The tech
> support is now better in as much as they answer the phone quickly
> these days. But they're utterly useless when it comes to fixing
> problems.

I had a problem 6-7 months ago and had great response from the tech team,
having said that it transpired to be a BT problem, so maybe they didn't need
to be particularly clever in this instance. On the whole my experience of
the support has been very good now and in the past

My ADSL line has been down since yesterday, and they were reluctant to
> even log it as a problem until I insisted. It's still down[1] as far
> as I know...

Coincidentally my adsl has been flaky the last 2 days. Often no service
available and when it is up the performance is terrible. I haven't check my
f2s account email to see if they have announced any service outages though.

On the plus although my account has a cap of 20Gb pcm their monitor tool
seems broken and I have never been charged for going over this :)