[SLUG] Re:Ubuntu 64 bit install

john baldwin jonty at john99.wanadoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 28 18:57:19 GMT 2005

my friendly engineer called round and it took him about 40 minutes to find the required driver on the jetway disk supplied, and it crashed his laptop 3 times.afterwards  he commented that 'interwebsystems of  chester' could have included in the package the correct drivers on a floppy and saved him a lot of work.he says that it will be some time before 64 bit gets into general use and there are compatible programmes to be used. he dual booted my sata drive so i can install ubuntu if i want later.he commented that sata/raid facilities are pretty advanced for a user like me and i'm unlikely to use my bells and whistles if i'm not a gamer or doing advanced work with graphics, so now i've got XP on  and once it settles i'll have a play about with linux, the fact that there are so many linux systems available with mixed results trying to install them mitigates against them unless you have computer skills in abundance-again thanks for the many interesting responses

Message Received: Dec 28 2005, 12:09 PM