[Bradford] Defcon 3: Debian thermo global nuclear init standoff [systemd vs Upstart]

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 30 08:45:58 UTC 2013

Yep Rob, to add a backdoor to sysvinit you'd have to go back 40 years in
your tardis *and* then work a Jedi mind trick on everyone that could see it
in plain sight.

Oh yeah and I forgot:
The killer colon of Lennart
http://zaitcev.livejournal.com/219483.html
(Not the *anatomical* colon his ideas emerge from, no, this is a
*typographical* colon.)

And Dave Airlie less than two weeks ago explaining to Linus why Linus is
crazy to want kernel updates in the Fedora installer:
"+Linus Torvalds afaik there is no QA capacity for doing something like
that, the whole reason Fedora has a serious pre-release freeze period is to
make the installer not get screwed by collateral damage in the main OS,
like systemd/dracut/kernel/devicemapper changes."
Yeah, so don't *do* that, genius...

This is just part of the fallout in our current month of October 2013.
Does Debian *really* want to join such a party?

-D.

(and I hope everyone enjoyed the lotr/starwars/who/zombies references so
far.  Any requests for the next rant?)