[members at lugog] dualboot partion problem

Ian Dickinson i.j.dickinson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:51:38 UTC 2010

Hi Douglas,
There's a version of gparted which you can boot into from a CD. What I
would do is to boot the machine with gparted, re-partition the current
disk to shrink the size of the NTFS partition, then install Ubuntu
into the free space.

An alternative, if you're feeling slightly more adventurous, is to get
a second hard drive (ask around, or check e-bay ... it needn't cost
you much) then use that new drive as your linux drive and the current
disk as your windows drive. But that does mean installing a second
harddrive, which isn't usually too difficult but might be daunting for
the less experienced!

Hth,
Ian