[members at lugog] New member

stoker at headweb.co.uk stoker at headweb.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 07:15:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 20:20:37 +0000, scooper86 at googlemail.com wrote:

Hey everyone,

Im new to the area and was looking for something to do and
since I'm into linux thought id give the local lug a shot.

I am the owner
of a macbook pro which I have installed ubuntu on, unfortunately my wifi
isn't working for some crazy reason and I was hoping I'd get some insight
from the people here, I have followed the community documentation and have
had it working by installing bcmwl-kernel-source but for some reason it has
stopped working. I have searched around and the most common solution is to
reinstall the drivers, unfortunately its not working for me so hopefully
you have some answers, I can always reinstall ubuntu but this is a very
lazy fix and if the problem reoccurs I won't have learned much and will
have to start again.

Anyway I hope to meet up soon, will keep checking the
mailing list to see when the next meeting will be.

Steve