[members at lugog] Introduction

Dave Phelan dave.phelan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 16:18:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Ian Dickinson <i.j.dickinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 12:15 PM, john lewis <johnlewis at hantslug.org.uk> wrote:

>> Basically this cloud stuff is just vapour so far as I am concerned.

> Not sure how we segued into cloud computing, but it definitely isn't
> vapourware - we rely on it daily at work. Was there a particular
> aspect of the cloud you find unconvincing?

I think John was just closing with a curmudgeonly pun.
It made me smile, anyway.

I was going to bang on about replacing the X-Windows security model
with something more... modern was no bad thing. But who uses X to run
an application in one place and a window in another anymore?

Cheers
Dave
--
 Dave Phelan CCIE#3590   skype:davephelan   GSM: 07990561784
 dave.phelan at gmail.com    @daveph      http://www.davephelan.org