[members at lugog] What is LUGOG for (was "AVALONIX domain name")

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat Jan 14 13:45:29 UTC 2012

On 5 January 2012 10:50, Martin Wheeler <mwheeler at startext.co.uk> wrote:

> Anyone interested in taking over the domain name(s) ?  Does the group
> perhaps want to produce a local distribution ?

Thank you Martin for that, because it aligns itself quite nicely with the
discussion we had when we met in Ashcott a couple of months ago.

It also ties in with the fact that http://lugog.org.uk expires in early
February (the domain, that is).

At the Ashcott meeting it seemed to be that people wanted more of a general
support forum for open source and support, rather than anything
particularly related to the Linux kernel (though that would be a major part
of it).

But we haven't had the discussion we should have had on the list since, so
I think Martin's e-mail (which I apologise for taking so long to respond
to) might perhaps be the catalyst to make that happen.

What DO we want to do in 2012?  Do we want monthly meetings, quarterly or
what?  And what is the scope of the group, and should we still be "The
Linux User Group of Glastonbury" or is there a better title for the
community?

And what to do with Martin's domain... let it lapse, or do something with
it?