[Gllug] [OT] Odd PSU / connector

Shannon Carver shannon.carver at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 16:12:03 UTC 2009

These are quite common on little integrated machines (obviously too small to
fit a proper power supply in them.. I don't know enough about the
characteristics of which cable does which, but a quick search around the
house, I found on on my NAS (QNAP TS409Pro (4x SATA HDD's), an older
SATA/IDE 3.5" disc enclosure, and a little tiny dell machine that I was
going to use as a TV box for a bit, but never got around to it (SFF for use
on a secretaries desk or similar)..

Anyway, all the ones I have seem to have the same power output (12-17V at
10A) and I've swapped then around between appliances at least a few times
(admittedly without thinking about possible consequences!).

You may be able to pick up one with a HDD enclosure or something?

Cheers

Shannon Carver
Email: shannon.carver at gmail.com

2009/12/6 general_email at technicalbloke.com <general_email at technicalbloke.com