[HLUG] Leaving!

Mark Broadbent mgjbroadbent at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 13 08:38:07 BST 2007

On 11/04/07, Matt Rhys-Roberts <matt.rhys-roberts at q-par.com> wrote:
> Dear HLUG members,
>
> I'm leaving Herefordshire in order to move back to Wrexham, to have a
> full-time life with my family who have been largely doing without me for
> the last couple of years. Consequently I doubt I'll have much reason to
> come along to HLUG meetings for the foreseeable future, but I'd
> definitely like to keep in touch with those of you I've got to know.
>
> It's been a great pleasure to watch HLUG rise from old ashes, become a
> friendly and educational self-help group, and an occasional excuse for
> going to the pub. Thanks for encouraging me to stand up and talk about
> odd software packages, pass on how to reconfigure hardware, etc etc...
> To really learn about something, it's clearly good to try and teach it!
>
> In short, it's been fantastic to experience the resurgence of the local
> computer club. Together, we can obviously overcome corporate
> stranglehold on computer science and distribute the benefits more fairly
> to everyone.
>
> May the force be with you!

Hi Matt,

We'll be sorry to see you go as one of the original members (I think)
of HLUG group.  Hopefully you will stay on the list so we'll at least
be hear from you now and then, we've proved in the past just becasue
this is the Herefordshire LUG it doesn't mean you actually have to
live here!

I wish you the very best for the future
Mark