[HLUG] Hard disk problems?

Graham Cole grahamcole at nerdshack.com
Tue Jun 19 10:13:11 BST 2007

Thanks David,
I'm going to have to leave this for a week but there are some odd
features here. I seem to have access and can now open the old HD: it's
at /dev/hdc but hdc5 churns out a stream of rubbish because the contents
are not decoded. With Nautilus opened by root I can see the disc listed
in /dev and if I look at properties of a partition I am told there are
no bytes. I can click on hdc5 and a menu gives the option to create
a .tar.gz archive which sounds like a great idea. But it doesn't work.

Next week I'll try again.
Many thanks
Graham