[HLUG] WLAN cards - a useful site

matt stone stone.matthew at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:15:20 BST 2007

On 3/18/07, Julian Robbins <joolsr at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hi
>
> If you've ever wanted to know the answer to the perennial question -
> What type of WLAN card/dongle should I buy to work with Linux ? Then
> visit :-
>
> http://linux-wless.passys.nl/

Just to add to this.

I had constant lock ups with with my rt61 pci card and a 2.19 kernel
on fedora core 6 so ended up doing a bit more reading. To cut a long
story short i ended up getting a wireless usb dongle from
http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk which uses an ralink rt2571 chipset.
Apart from a small problem getting it to run from boot which i managed
to fix by bringing the network up later in the boot process everything
seems to work fairly well.

I've even managed to upgrade to the latest kernel and haven't
encountered any major problems.

Cheers
Matt