[HLUG] AverMedia TV card problem in openSuSE10.3

dusty dusty at smashthestack.org
Wed Jan 16 11:14:10 GMT 2008

Hey Emon,

I am in the process of getting a tuner tv card working (which is at the
moment semi-working) and a DVB-T USB tuner box under ubuntu.

The tuner card was recognized in a fedora box auto magically but not in
my ubuntu, i loaded the correct module for it (Googled) and then
installed 'tvtime' package from the ubuntu repositories.  I stuck my
DVB-T mini antenna into the tv antenna slot and bam it got a few
channels straight away.

My tuner card is a Lifeview different to yours, but if yours was
detected, I suggest a Google because it must obviously be supported
under linux.

Also try the tvtime program, i've found my card won't work in certain
apps but in others it does.  I've had great success with tvtime.

Regards,

Dusty.