[HLUG] Which distro for a laptop?

Morven Lewis-Everley m.lewis.everley at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 9 14:22:13 BST 2008

Hi All,

Haven't really posted here before, but I was wondering if anyone had any
good experiences with different distro's on Dell laptops?

Mine is a Dell Latitude D620, currently running Ubuntu 8.04/XP on dual boot.
This is great, except that Ubuntu 8.04 seems to Kernal panic whenever it
runs on battery power... I have no idea why, but according to there forums,
it seems to be happening to more than a few people.

At this point I am either going to go back to Ubuntu 7.1 or try something
else, but I am not really sure what to go for. Does anyone have any
suggestions? Are there any distro's specially for laptops (I have looked,
but can't really find anything)?

Mo