[HLUG] Open Source Web Based Project Management Software

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sun Sep 14 20:46:19 UTC 2008

matt stone wrote:
> Yeah yeah, i'm replying to a thread i've already replied on ;)
>
> I've used basecamp in the past and found it very good although, as
> it's hosted, it's no good for your needs so i went hunting for a
> basecamp clone and found this: http://www.projectpier.org/ I haven't
> used it myself but it may be worth a look.

Yeah, I've played with it but sadly its nowhere near as good as
activeCollab the project that it was forked from. ActiveCollab was
Opensource, but changed licence a year ago. That said, if you buy it,
you still get the full source code, and the developers are very open
with their software, so its not perfect, but probably what we'll
evaluate first.