[HLUG] Mailman Listinfo Security Certificate

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 22 21:35:18 UTC 2008

Hi Chris,

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 07:21:03PM +0000, Christopher Evans wrote:
> Secure Connection Failed
>
> mailman.lug.org.uk uses an invalid security certificate.
>
> The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

mailman.lug.org.uk uses a CAcert certificate, which is not a trusted
issuer by default in Firefox or IE or anything else.

Instructions for installing CAcert's root certificate:

http://wiki.cacert.org/wiki/BrowserClients

> I'm reluctant to make an exception in the light of what I've been told about the security breach ... Ho hum

lug.org.uk's mailman now runs on a separate (virtual) machine that
no one but admins have access to.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB