[HLUG] New small PC required

Matt Jones matt at mattjones.me.uk
Wed Jan 7 14:53:29 UTC 2009

Take a look at the EEE box, they have a couple on display in PC world at the
moment. This is very small, but  You can get the Atom Processor that the EEE
box uses on a mini ITX motherboard(As well as the Dual core version) for
around £50-60, with the Dual core one at about £80(
http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=12231). This should be a drop in
replacement for the EPIA, and sigificantly faster.

Slightly larger and more powerful would be the shuttles units, the base
model one is offered by efficientPC. The wraith starts from £210 with a dual
core celeron, and goes up to the low end Core2Duo.

Matt.