[HLUG] hard drive partitioning advice

dicegeorge at hotmail dot com dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:32:37 UTC 2009

I've now got a huge 1.5TB disk as a data disk in my desktop machine.
It's dual boot - though I almost always use Ubuntu not Vista.
However as Ubuntu reads and write to NTFS but windows cant write to EXT3
I guess I shall format it as NTFS.

And how to partition it?
In the past when I split up huge hard drives into smaller partitions
I found it a pain when each had a bit of free space and I wanted to cram
something else on-
better to have just one big partition with one bit of free space.
That's when 20GB was huge.
But what advice do you HLUGers have on partitioning for me?

~
~  [g]  ~  [george]  ~  george at dicenews.com   ~
~       07970 378 572    ~ ~   01568 760 333     ~
~                    www.dicegeorge.com   (c)2009.  ~
~