[HLUG] hard drive partitioning advice

Tom English tom.english at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:46:34 UTC 2009

I always make a few smaller partitions at the start, for the / partition,
windows, etc, and normally a large /home partition, and a large NTFS
partition so both OSes have access.

My /home partition is about 180gb.
/ is about 30gb
Windows installation is about 40gb.
The other HD is then just one large NTFS partition.

I've found this to work, as both OS files are on their own partition, so if
you ever reinstall, all your /home files etc are still intact.

Hope it gives you some ideas.

Tom.