[HLUG] SFD files - really

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 07:22:19 UTC 2010

On 2 August 2010 07:49, Paul Stenning <paul at sp-tech.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think the Popular Distros timeline thing will be unreadable when printed
> at A4 and even A3.
>
> It's too much detailed information anyway, what people will want is a short
> list of popular distros and some indication of which to try, what the
> differences are etc.  We are targeting Windows users who want to try Linux
> and should be guiding them towards suitable options.
>
> They won't care that distro B is a fork of distro A and that it was renamed
> in 2004, they want to know if it's easy to use, will run on their computer,
> can run the programs they want, and they can get help if they have problems

Hi everyone

Its always difficult when someone has worked really hard on something and
then appear negative. But I do agree with Paul on this.

The graphics themselves are nice though.

One small point, most logos are available as svg or eps vector files which
mean they will not lose their crispness whatever size they are blown up to.
Some of the logos look like they may be less than 300dpi which is what you
need as a minimum for 'proper' printing (though you can get away with less
depending on the print media used etc)

Julian