[HLUG] Topics at Meetings

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 22:57:07 UTC 2010

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> LOL, I remember going to a BristolLUG meeting when I was relatively
> new to all this stuff and being blown away by the number of people
> talking assembly language or the finer points of tuning RPM Spec Files.
>
> Actually, that raises an interesting point, is it worth splitting the
> meetings or alternating between "desktop" and "server" or "user" and
> "administrator/developer" as guidelines for the kind of expertise that
> the talks are aimed at?

Interesting point, but I think until we need to get more steady higher
numbers to our meetings, otherwise we will end up diluting things too much.

I know Shropshire LUG were having bimonthly meetings, ie every two
months as they didn't find there was enough interest to sustain monthly
meetings, but I sort of wonder whether its just too long between
meetings ? If you cant attend one due to birthdays, band practise,
illness etc, etc then you would go 4 months between meetings - a pretty
long time ..

Julian