[HLUG] Fwd: [lugmaster] Join Us At OggCamp10!

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 31 22:04:31 UTC 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[lugmaster] Join Us At OggCamp10!
Date: 	Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:33:40 +0100
From: 	Dan Lynch <dan at danlynch.org>
To: 	lugmaster at mailman.lug.org.uk

I'd be very grateful if you would consider forwarding the following
email to your respective LUGs. Thank you - Dan, Linux Outlaws.

OggCamp <http://oggcamp.org/> is a free software / free culture
unconference organised by the presenters of the Ubuntu UK Podcast
<http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/> and Linux Outlaws
<http://linuxoutlaws.com/>. This year's OggCamp will take place at *The
Black-E <http://theblack-e.co.uk/> in Liverpool, UK* on the *1st and 2nd
of May 2010*, *10am - 5pm both days*. It'll be 2 full days of Free
Software, Free Culture and Free Thinking. We have a large venue booked
and expect 200-300 people. If you want a chance to meet others who are
passionate about technology and share ideas this is a great chance. We
have many top FOSS developers from around the world joining us.

*ENTRY TO OGGCAMP IS COMPLETELY FREE!*

If you want to get a feel for the event, have a look at our recap of
OggCamp 2009 <http://oggcamp.org/2009/>.

*What is an Barcamp/unconference?*
More formal conferences have the usual people speaking every time; an
unconference is an opportunity to interact with new and interesting
people. There won't be a published list of speakers before the event,
everyone generates content on the day. That can include you! The
schedule is decided by the attendees and we'll have a voting system for
that.

See what others are already proposing - http://ideas.oggcamp.org/talks

*What Is An Ogg?*
Ogg Vorbis <http://www.vorbis.com/> is a completely open, patent-free,
professional audio encoding and streaming technology with all the
benefits of Open Source. OggCamp is about technology, Open Source and
Freedom, but also about music, art, politics, community, creativity and
much more. We chose to use the term Ogg because for us it reflects all
these things pretty neatly.

*Get Involved:
*Please add your own ideas for talks and activities to our public wiki
<http://ideas.oggcamp.org/> – help make the event what you want it to
be! It doesn't even have to be about technology strictly, it could be
anything. We have about 60 slots available and all are welcome -
ideas.oggcamp.org <http://ideas.oggcamp.org/>

You can also meet other attendees on IRC in *#oggcamp* on the Freenode
network.

If you have a project you'd like to promote or exhibit about you can
email the organising team - oggcamp at ubuntu-uk.org
<mailto:oggcamp at ubuntu-uk.org>

Come and join us, it's going to be a great weekend. There's travel
information and much more at* http://oggcamp.org* <http://oggcamp.org/>
*
Also See The Rathole Roadshow*
OggCamp 10 is preceded by a special free culture gig on* Friday April
30th 8pm* (the night before). It'll be at the Bad Format Social Club
<http://badformat.co.uk/> in Liverpool. Kick off the weekend in style
with live music from David Rovics <http://davidrovics.com/>, Attila The
Stockbroker <http://attilathestockbroker.com/> and Rathole Radio
<http://ratholeradio.org/> host (and Linux Outlaw) Dan Lynch