[HLUG] Letter to MP's

Chris Owens cowens at clara.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 10:14:51 UTC 2011

  Hi Pete

     I think this is really good, content excellent, might benefit from
shortening a bit, particularly between 'Where large numbers ....depth by
actual experts. I have found bulleted sectors are quite good for this
kind of recipient and is it worth including the point Mark made about
the security aspect having the nation's functionality entirely beholden
to the US. I don't think many people realise this, and even fewer the
significance of it - remote though it may be it is profoundly naive to
think that such a weakness could not be exploited at some stage.

      By the way I thought the Open Day was excellent and well worth the
trip - I enjoyed it. Good cordial welcome, general atmosphere
professional, tidy displays, excellent lecture, relevant, informative
and well delivered. Just two suggestions if they will help, one easy to
fix the other less so.

     1. Have each of the contributions obviously concentrating on one
subject say, Games, Office suites, Security, a couple of Distros
whatever with clear labelling as to what the stand is offering.

     2. Encourage stand holders to stay on their pitch for once they
have gone (which I have done many times in the past) to the average
passer the display becomes just like a counter in John Lewis or PC World
- kind of dead, they don't like to fiddle and don't know where
necessarily to find the stand owner.

     Hope this helps.

Chris