[HLUG] Ubuntu 12.04LTS - ok so far

Dave Winterton davidwinterton at snail-mail.net
Wed May 9 22:42:43 UTC 2012

Thank you for your expert reviews, i think it is a great time to run
Linux.
Now for a non expert review from my 6 year old lad, (it would be a
completely clueless review if I did it)
And just to change the subject it is on an operating system from the
west coast of America, as found in
Bromyard library,on a computer in the childrens section
After two false starts when he didn't realise it was still loading we
had problems opening anything
( it appears you need to click everything twice ), google found his site
(moshi monsters) on the first page.
Duck Duck Go at home almost always puts the wanted site first. and the
controls at the library blocked it from opening
(the only plus all review) but with it's targeted advertising the first
ad was for a site that reviewed 34 dating sites.....
explain that away to a 6 year old.
after that it went downhill with him usually reverting to one click , or
multiple clicks, or just restarting as nothing had
yet loaded.
The moral of that long winded ramble; much as we find (minor) fault with
linux
sometimes we just have to stand back and remember with it's variety we
can all make it just as we want it.
So many thanks again for your reviews on Ubuntu
Dave
p.s. How would I go about getting the library changing a few computers
over to Linux,
giving casual users simple guidance to enjoy the greater speed of Linux?