[HLUG] Starting with Arch Linux

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:38:07 UTC 2014

Hi

I've been playing with Arch recently keen to try it's rolling release
nature and speed

Its very interesting bit like stepping back in Linux time about 12 years
ago where you did have to do a fair bit of setup and knowledge of your kit
before you started

So far I have a bare install without X as as I'm trying it in Virtual box
and I guess I have wrong display driver at the moment I ran out of time to
look at it further

Perhaps we ought to have an Arch Linux event sometime as it really feels
quite different to Mint Ubuntu and even Debian you gave to do far more
configuration. This might be seen as a bad thing but it does give you a
very clean lean system with no bloat at all

You have to be careful when running updates and read the notes and web in
case of breakage, you have a lot of power to your fingertips 😄

Any other arch users out there?

Keep you posted