[HLUG] Base help

Sarah Chard sarah at streetents.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 13:06:25 UTC 2015

Hi Pete
don't despair it's quite quick once you get used to it.
If the form wizard is not working for you that might mean you have some
problem with  java so make sure you have the correct java installed -
there is info on this you can google.

To create directly in design view make sure your form is associated with
your database table - click on the form icon at the bottom - choose the
content type table and then the main table for that form

to add info - click on an icon on the left ie text box and draw the box
on your form then right click inside and choose control and under the
data tab pick the data you want displayed in the box

that should get you started

I do all my contracts, quotes and invoicing using base - it has it's
quirks but I have not had any major problems for a while - just remember
to keep saving when you are designing forms as it can be a little flaky
if you do too much without saving.

Sarah