[HLUG] Fastershire cable - which ISP ?

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 13:21:51 UTC 2016

Hi George

Firstly try the Bt wholesale fibre checker I found this was more accurate
than the fastershire one for me although I believe  they should have the
same info.

I hadn't heard about a first come first served situation before unless you
have a particularly weird setup with your local cabinet. Normally if
putting in fibre optic cables they put in loads more than is required for
future proofing and extra resilience. It costs quite a bit to do the
physical digging up of the roads and laying the cables so they normally
would put  enough in for the next 10 to 20 years.

Otherwise try Plusnet who although one of the bigger players seem to get
most things right.

Julian