[HLUG] Sharing of other Linux User Groups virtual talks and events

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:46:28 UTC 2021

Hi All

Interesting post from the Wolves LUG on the LUGMaster list. Please read
below for details.

If anyone wants to provide a talk for our LUG that could also be provided
to the other LUGs here please contact Adam: adamsweet at gmail.com

I've already expressed our interest in joining in to participate in the
events, although not sure whether we're likely to provide any talks; many
of these talks may be more technical in nature..

Thanks

I run Wolves LUG and we're trying to get up on our feet hosting talks at
the moment. The reason for my post is to encourage the sharing of talks,
speakers and events between our LUGs as a means of increasing
participation in general.

We have some talks coming up, one next week and one in March. If you'd
like to share those with your LUGs please let me know and I'll send you
the details. Likewise, if you have any events or talks in future please
share them with Wolves LUG or ask me to.

We have a link with the North Virginia LUG (who happen to have Red Hat
on their doorstep) and they hold regular well attended talks which have
been opened up to the Birmingham, Shropshire and Wolves LUGs. Likewise
we will be opening ours up to them.

I'd like to get to the point where we can raise an audience large enough
to interest some well known speakers and I imagine none of our LUGs can
do that alone. At least while everything is via video conference there's
no barrier to joining each other's events and we may be able to build a
decent audience for potential speakers.

I'll be posting our upcoming talks on the other local LUG lists that I
subscribe to (Staffs, Shrops and Brum) but I thought I'd mention it here
first. If you'd like your LUG to be included please let me know.
Likewise, please send us your events so I can share them with our
subscribers.

Of course we also need speakers for April onwards, so if you can help
with that please send people our way.

Adam Sweeting