[Wolves] Now I know what Vista hell is!!!!

Rob Broadfield rob.broadfield at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 18 00:01:57 GMT 2008

Can't remember what Kevan said originally on this thread or what the
response was but I feel I must support what he says because:

a) This is a Linux User Group mailing list and therefore he should be able
to vent about the shortcomings of other operating systems in relative safety
(without too much adverse reaction).  Sure, if any of us complain about
Vista on a Microsoft forum we deserve to be challenged.

b) Kevan is playing his part in promoting the use of Linux (not sure if this
is a stated aim of Wolves LUG - but it should be!).  Those members that
challenge this and sing the praises of other operating systems here should
think about this.

c) Where Linux appears to have shortcomings, by all means ask for support on
this list or help the community by filing bug reports/change requests (or if
you know enough - help improve Linux).

I am realistic enough to recognise that we live in a Microsoft dominated
world at the moment but I believe the tide is turning (slowly but surely).

Rob

Linux Fan  :-))