[Wolves] Linux talks for day job.

John Alexander acontractornow at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 27 09:41:31 UTC 2023

  Good one Simon, I would say that unless you are super interested in a subject then 30-45 mins is the max useful time for a talk.
Splitting it up to supporting topics keeps the time down and helps you focus on each in turn rather than it been a storm of tech poo that washes over them.

A talk normally needs to be at a basic tech level otherwise you loose folk and loose traction for your talks.

After what is it, the most important thing is why do I want/need it, describing the usecase and benefits engages those listening keeping them with you.
Avoid your own nerdy interests and see it from their point of view and deliver to that.

Good luck .. John